Friday, September 21, 2012

My Dreams vs. God's Plans

Sometimes I hear Christians say, "My dream is to own this or live here or marry this kind of person".

Why is it that as Christians we tend to want things without putting in the hard work to achieve them? Material items such as a mansion, expensive gadgets, sporty vehicles, or the latest fashions in clothing. This could also apply to relationships. "He or she" has to be beautiful, have this income, drive this kind of car, etc.

And what's even more ironic we may happen to know or meet someone who has some of these things and they still want more. Not only that, they may not even seem anymore happy. So what does the Bible have to say about this?

The apostle Paul addresses this topic by addressing "contentment"

He writes in Philippians 4:12-13
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (NIV)

So Paul is saying he has learned to be content in every situation. He also mentions that he can do everything though Christ who gives him strength.

Isn't interesting that when we as believers decide we want something and want it now our obedience to God mysteriously seems to be less and less?

God wants to be the source of our lives 24/7. He wants us to give over those wants we store up and put them on his shoulders so the burden isn't ours anymore.

Ultimately he is the architect and has designed the blue print for us to glorify him with our lives. God deeply desires that we live a life where it's not about us. It's about Him and what the Holy Spirit does through us to advance the Kingdom of Heaven and bring him all the glory, honor, and praise.


God Bless.

1 comment:

God Before Me said...

I'm new to blogging. After surfing the web, I can honestly say this is what I call using a blog for good. I really like your posts because it's God's message. I got so hooked in all the Bibles' verses you included and I really enjoyed how you related them to what we are going through on earth.
Is the audio clip you singing? I'm not that familiar with Christian music, but "Rescue" hit a spiritual chord. Thanks for sharing.