Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Spiritual Perspectives"

Who Am I?

I've been called a warrior and a weapon for Christ.
I will wage war on “footholds” pride, lust, selfishness, for the rest of my life.
As a soldier I will cut through this garbage in my life with a freshly sharpened sickle, or sword- the Word.
My strength is fully coming from Christ.
In my heart I have seen a mountain cast itself into the ocean
or move from here to there.
I'm a voice. Not in in a desert but in a desert life.
His Spirit cuts through to the bone and marrow and resounds conviction.

At five seven and barely one hundred and fifty pounds I am fully equipped to do God's work.
Discouraging the flesh, encouraging the Spirit.

When you see me and I start talking about Christian things, I'm not there anymore. I will volunteer my body and mouth to cause the Holy Spirit to start a good work in you.
I'm not stubborn. I'm obedient. You just can't physically see my chief and commander.

Who am I?
It's not about me. It's about Him.

...because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 (NIV)

No comments: