Sunday, December 31, 2006

"A New Year Ahead- Time for Resolutions"

I guess my resolutions for 2007 are as follows:

Trust God more (I'm only seeing a small part of the picture frame. God has seen and designed the whole painting right down to the tiniest details that have glorified Him.

Friendships must be a priority. I'm not naturally one to gravitate to people. But as a Christian it is essential in building the body. It also creates a support system for brothers and sisters in Christ so that the world's lies don't easily sway them.

I need to listen more. This is not one of my strengths. But I've been watching how God has been changing my conversations with people. It's time to bring people in more. Really pay attention to what they are saying.

Less Stubbornness. Believe it or not I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to computer graphics or web design. I don't know if you guys noticed but I created my links to open in new windows saving the problem of the reader accidentally closing out the blog page.
But getting back to stubbornness God is teaching me that it's not the presentation that matters-it's the message. So I guess my roommates will get a chance to use the computer more! (lol)

More quality time in the Word. I've been reading the book of Acts. At first I was very captivated and inspired with the stories of the early Church. But as I progressed along it took more of me to become interested in what I was reading. I want to create discipline in a life of learning from my devotions the same way I prepare meals or have routine workouts every week which brings me to my next resolution.

Having Workouts that are put in the right perspective. Not vanity. Discipline. One of the most difficult parts of a person's life is discipline of the body. It can be done but it takes a great deal of prayer and a willingness to want to change.

Having a mind for Godly things. I want with everything inside of me to focus my mind on God. It's when I don't - I create my own problems. I don't want to be one of those Christians anymore that when reverting to moments of sin hear the words in their heart "You've been here before. Don't do this. It brings the same dismal result every time..."

No comments: