Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"God Go Before Me"

I throw on my leather jacket, grab my Bible, and start heading for the hall. As I approach the steps I can almost hear the rat-a-tat tat of the drummer and the bugle sounding the battle cry.
It's time to do war. My last words before leaving the house; "God Go Before Me".

I wonder if David didn't say something similar to this as he approached the hill where a man 3 times larger than him stood fully armored and more than ready to kill him making him a cruel spectacle to all of Israel.

David's words were:

"You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."

And the rest is history.

Are you facing any spiritual giants in your life? It may be what's starting to become some type of addiction and you can hear the Holy Spirit saying softly in your heart, "Let it go. Trust me."
It may be someone who you don't talk to anymore or a former relationship and as a Christian you can feel God telling you the wall being put up is not right. But deep down inside you feel like David approaching Goliath. The odds seem so heavily stacked against you.

I don't know who's going to see this blog. I trust God will direct the people that are in need of reading it though. Say this prayer with me:

God, I don't know what to say or what to do to make things right in this situation.
I just know that it won't happen unless I turn to you so that's why I'm praying right now.
Please give me your strength to take this on just as you went before David. Be my words God.
Like your word says,

If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:28-31

In Christ's name,

Amen.


Christian singer and song writer with inspirational journals

No comments: